Talent Outreach program China
TALENT OUTREACH PROGRAM - CHINA
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Talent Outreach program aims to bring excellent Tilburg University students in contact with
multinational businesses operating in China. Master’s students may apply to conduct a 10-month
internship at Royal Philips in Shanghai during the academic year 2019-20 as part of their study program.
Four scholarships of approximately € 5,000 are available.
Students will be supervised by a Tilburg University professor and will either conduct research or
participate in a strategic project at Royal Philips. Students with the Chinese nationality may be placed
directly with the company on a full-time basis. Non-Chinese students will combine their internship with
coursework at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics.
You are responsible for
We have several internships available that will help you to gain experience in a multinational corporate
company. All activities will be specifically tailored to your educational background and needs. Positions
will be in the fields of Supply Chain Management, Finance, Marketing, and HR.
To succeed in this role you should have the following skills and experience
- You are in your final year of a Master program and will have completed all of your courses and your Master thesis before the internship starts.
- You have expertise in one of the following fields: HR, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Economics, Finance.
- Available for 2 semesters (10 months)
- Flexible, able to adapt quickly, self-starter and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Speak and write fluent English
- International experience or an international mindset and the ability to use internal and external resources to maximize the value for the company and its customers;
In return we offer you
We offer you a unique and challenging internship and the opportunity to:
- work for an employer whose activities have a major impact on people all over the world;
- discover how you can actively contribute to innovations that matter;
- learn about different parts of the organization;
- strengthen your capabilities and knowledge;
- build a great international network.
- Have the opportunity to join Philips in an entry-level role or traineeship program upon successful completion your internship.
If you are interested in joining the Talent Outreach Program organized by Tilburg University and Royal
Philips, please apply at the latest by 15th of March 2019. Send your CV, motivation and official transcript
of records (from the student desk) via email to email@example.com; if you pass the pre-
selection round, you will be invited at the end of March 2019 to take an online ability test. If you
successfully complete the online test, you will be invited for an interview with a Philips campus recruiter
and International Office and academic staff from Tilburg University. The interviews will take place in April
2019. If you successfully complete the selection process, you will be able to start your internship in
China, which has been created especially for the TOP program, in October 2019. Students going on
exchange at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics will begin their exchange in September
Please note that your application materials will be reviewed by both Royal Philips recruiters as well as
the selection committee at Tilburg University.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health
continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips
page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can
also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Students with questions about the Talent Outreach Program can contact the International Office of
Tilburg University at TOPCHINA@tilburguniversity.edu.
ContactStudy Association INPUT
Warandelaan 2, room P0.011
5037 AB Tilburg